Videos about Birth (all available from Netflix):
• Orgasmic Birth, directed by Debra Pascali-Bonaro (2008)
• The Business of Being Born, directed by Abby Epstein (2008)
• Pregnant in America, directed by Steve Buonaugurio (2008)
• http://www.childbirthconnection.org: Excellent research-based information on pregnancy and maternity care.
• http://www.marchofdimes.com: Information on prenatal care, medical testing, healthy lifestyle choices to prevent
birth defects and preterm birth.
• http://www.aafp.org: Web site for parents by the American Academy of Family Physicians.
• http://www.mymidwife.org: Web site for parents by the American College of Nurse-Midwives.
• http://www.motherfriendly.org/pdf/Having_a_Baby-English-8_5x11.pdf Questions to Ask When Choosing a Birthplace
• http://www.thebirthsurvey.com Consumer Reviews of Local Birthplaces and Caregivers; Information about Local Intervention Rates
• http://www.mymidwife.org/pregnancy_body.cfm Common pregnancy discomforts
• http://www.parenttrust.org/for-families/parenting-advice/parenting-tips/additional-tips/pregnancy-discomfort/ Tips for pregnancy discomfort
• http://www.mymidwife.org/sex.cfm Sex During Pregnancy
• http://www.wombtobloom.com/MaternityLeaveInsider.pdf On Maternity Leave
• http://www.lamaze.org/default.aspx?tabid=53: Weekly pregnancy e-newsletter from Lamaze—”Building Confidence Week by Week.”
• http://text4baby.org/: Free messages each week on your cell phone to help you through your pregnancy and your baby’s first year.
• http://apps.facebook.com/birthwatch/: BirthWatch, a Facebook application that posts updates about your pregnancy on your Facebook page and sends you weekly e-mails with helpful tipsSpecific Pregnancy Issues